Master of Theological Studies (MTS)
What is it?
The Master of Theological Studies is a broadly based graduate degree in theology that provides a solid foundation in the field.
Who’s it for?
- Designed for working adults who don’t have a deep academic background in theology,
- Perfect for those seeking to grow in their faith.
- Serve the local church; or
- Launch a career in ministry or teaching.
- No previous coursework in theology or philosophy is required.
Key Features of the Degree Program:
- Available fully online or fully onsite
- 36 credit hours – can be completed in as little as two years
- Flexible classroom approach for working adults
- Wide network of students and alumni
- A number of elective courses for the student to personalize their course of study; or develop an area of concentration.
What You Will Study?
- Take advantage of our summer intensive courses on campus as well as other exciting instructional options to complete this degree in as little as two years.
- An undergraduate degree from an accredited university and a passion to learn from outstanding and engaged faculty are the only requirements.
The University of Saint Mary of the Lake is the home to Roman Catholic theological education located within the Archdiocese of Chicago. The University maintains schools and programs that prepare students for ministry: Mundelein Seminary, The Pontifical Faculty of Theology, and now the new School of Parish Leadership and Evangelization. To learn more about USML, visit www.usml.edu.
Applications are being accepted for the fall semester. For more information, contact Dr. Theodore James Whapham, Dean of the School of Parish Leadership and Evangelization, at firstname.lastname@example.org.