Welcome to the most peaceful facility for conference and retreat gatherings in America: The Conference Center at the University of St. Mary of the Lake.
We invite you and your organization to rely on us for all your event needs. Whether you’re organizing a retreat, board meeting, conducting a team-building event or training session, we have the resources to serve groups up to 300 people.
The moment you enter the gateway to our 930 acre campus, the tranquil natural surroundings allow you to easily let go of the distractions of everyday life. Take a walk through the woods, along the three mile road circling our 100 acre St. Mary’s Lake, or simply enjoy the quiet serenity of this beautiful setting.
Services and Amenities
Our Guest Services team will care for your group’s every need.
Our meeting facilities vary from suites that accommodate intimate gatherings to large meeting rooms that can be set up in whatever style best suits your particular event…
- The registration office is open from 7am – 11pm whenever we have groups in-house
- Every overnight guest is guaranteed a spacious room with a private bath
- Delicious meals are served in the campus Dining Hall, and are prepared by our friendly staff that is happy to satisfy special requests
- Access to: Indoor swimming pool, gymnasium, basketball, volleyball, racquetball & tennis courts
Our Meeting Room Amenities:
- 8 dedicated meeting rooms with wireless internet access (at no additional cost)
- Conference rooms (available on 24 hour basis)
- Full audiovisual support
- Windows in all meeting rooms / no air walls
- Continuous beverage service included
- Full-service catering
- Reception/cocktail party capability
- Handicapped accessible
- Skilled event planners on staff
Our Sleeping Room Amenities:
- Most of our 104 sleeping rooms have two beds of your choice: two twin size or one full size and one twin size
- Private Bath in every sleeping room
- Wireless internet access
- Guest Computers and printer, fax machine, stamps
- Laundry machines
- Complimentary: Coffee, tea, soda, water, refrigerator, newspapers & TV available in the Living Room anytime
Per person per day* $8.00
Setup charge (one-time) $25.00
Breakout room (per day) $45.00
*incl. unlimited non-alcoholic beverages
Guestroom - with private bath
Share/Double room $96.00
Basic equipment such as overhead projector, microphone, CD player $25.00
LCD projector $50.00
Social - 2 hour rate
Soft drink $5.00
Beer & wine $9.00
Full bar $12.00
Meals - in main dining room
Deluxe continental breakfast $7.50
(in Conference Center)
Refreshments - 10 person minimum
Tray of cookies $1.50
Cheese & crackers $2.25
Vegetables & dip $2.25
Whole fruit assortment $1.75
Sliced fruit assortment $2.75
Chips & salsa $2.50
Please consult one of our Event Planners for customized rates and packages
We welcome you to visit USML/Mundelein Seminary. While these are private grounds, the campus is open to visitors during certain hours, generally 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily.
In order to keep a sense of sacredness on the grounds and keep an atmosphere conducive to prayer, study, retreats, peacefulness, and safety for our students and guests, we have rules which must be observed. These are generally listed on signage around the campus.
Above all, visitors must follow the directions of security officers or USML administrators when they are present on the campus. Some activities which are open to our students, faculty, and Conference Center guests, are also occasionally granted by individual permits to our visitors when they are requested in advance.
The University of Saint Mary of the Lake is located at 1000 E. Maple Avenue in the town of Mundelein, IL, approximately four miles west of Interstate 94. The closest airport is O’Hare International Airport, which is about 28 miles south of USML.
If you are heading North on Interstate 94:
To reach the seminary from Interstate 94, take the Hwy 176 exit and turn right
at the foot of the ramp to head west (the ramp loops around). Go approximately
4 miles. Soon after passing Marytown on your right, you will see the signs for
the University, which will also be on your right.
If you are heading South on Interstate 94:
To reach the seminary from Interstate 94, take the Hwy 137 exit and turn right.
Go approximately 3 miles and turn left onto Hwy 21. Go approximately 2 miles
and turn right onto Hwy 176. After approximately 2 miles, you will see Marytown
on your right. Soon afterwards, you will see the signs for the University on your right.