JOIN US FOR THE 45TH ANNUAL
SUMMER SCRIPTURE CONFERENCE
LET THERE BE LIGHT: SCIENCE AND THE WORD, AN ETERNAL RELATIONSHIP
JUNE 20-25, 2021
We want to insure all our guests that the Summer Scripture Seminar is following all the Covid-19 guidelines as set forth by the CDC. Our sleeping, meeting and dining rooms are thoroughly sanitized after each group use. If you have any questions as to our safety protocols, please contact our Guest Services at 847-566-8290 or email at email@example.com.
There are unlimited online attendance opportunities available. Sign up today!
Pricing information below.
We look forward to welcoming you to the beautiful University of Saint Mary of the Lake/Mundelein Seminary campus for this week-long series that offers compelling presentations, opportunities for prayer, and a retreat-like atmosphere to contemplate this year’s focus on the relationship between the Sacred Scriptures and science.
Our Presenters are:
- “Recent Developments in Cosmology & How They Relate to Creation, An Intelligent God, and Scripture (Gen 1)
- “Evolution, Scripture, and Theology”
- “The Scientific Investigation of the Shroud of Turin & Near-death experiences: How they relate to Christian mutations of Second Temple Judaism in the Resurrection Narratives & St. Paul.”
- “All Things by Measure, Number, and Weight.”
- “Genesis, St. John, and the Birth of Modern Science”
- “Completing the Scientific Revolution by Coming Back to the biblical Worldview of Creation”
- “Digging the Scriptures”’
- “The 5 Most Significant Archaeology finds from the Bible”
- “Biblical Cities – Then and Now”
Dr. Craig Keener , Wednesday, June 23, PM & Thursday, June 24, late AM-early PM
- The Plausibility of Miracles
- New Testament – like Miracle Reports Today
- Reports of Raising and Nature Miracles
Fr. John Kartje, Thursday, June 24, PM & Friday, June 25, AM (2nd morning talk)
- “The Lab of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob: Perspectives on engaging Mystery from Patriarch, Prophets, and Physicists”
- “A New Heaven, a New Earth, and a New Quantum Gravity: Lessons from Paul and John for all Curious Explorers”
Bro. Guy Consolmagno, SJ, Friday, June 25, AM (1st morning talk)
- Heaven & the Heavens: Astronomy, Scripture & the Popes
Fr. John Lodge – C.S.Lewis’ Space Trilogy and the Scriptures
Dr. Steven Smith – “The ‘Why’ of Creation: Unlocking the Meaning of Genesis One”.
Dr. Joe Paprocki – Bringing Faith and Science Together in Faith Formation: Catechetical Challenges and Opportunities
PRICING FOR SUMMER SCRIPTURE CONFERENCE 2021
|Full Conference: in-person, private room (5 nights) at Conference Center with 15 meals||$925|
|Full Conference: in-person, shared room (2 people, 5 nights) at Conference Center with 15 meals each||$1,640 ($820ea)|
|Full Conference: in-person, commuter, no meals provided, but available for individual purchase||$550|
|Speaker Series: all three talks of 1 speaker. In-person, 1 night stay at Conference Center with 3 meals||$250|
|Speaker Series: all three talks of 1 speaker. In-person, commuter, no meals provided||$185|
|Full Conference, on-line||$525|
|Speaker Series (3 talks), on-line||$150|
You can contact us by email at SummerScripture@usml.edu.
For more information contact Associate Director, Michelle Shaffer, MA
firstname.lastname@example.org OR 847-970-4926