Have completed at least three years of full-time ministry or its equivalent
Presently employed in full-time ministry
The regular expectation is the completion of an MDiv degree or its theological equivalent, however, students with an accredited masters in an area connected to their ministry setting or vocational calling, may also be considered based on meeting the following criteria:
- the ability to thoughtfully interpret scripture and the theological tradition of one’s ministry context,
- the capacity to understand and adapt one’s ministry to the cultural context,
- a basic self-understanding of one’s ministerial identity and vocational calling,
- a readiness to engage in ongoing personal and spiritual formation for one’s ministry,
- significant ministerial experience that enables the applicant to engage as a ministry peer with other students in this advanced professional doctorate.
Additional information will be asked of students without an MDiv or equivalent to assess readiness. Exceptions can be made to these requirements at the discretion of the Director.
All inquiries should be directed to:
Doctor of Ministry Program
Institute for Pastoral Leadership
1000 East Maple Ave.
Mundelein, IL 60060