Critical Needs Scholarship
Sponsored by the Archdiocese of Chicago in collaboration with the local Catholic colleges and universities, the Critical Needs Scholarship Scholarship is a tuition assistance program for selected lay employees of the Archdiocese.
To learn more and determine your eligibility, please read the overview.
The purpose of the Critical Needs Scholarship is to provide lay employees of the Archdiocese of Chicago with the opportunity to complete essential studies which meet critical needs of the Archdiocese in the following areas:
• Catechesis of children and adults and the formation of parents with children in sacramental preparation
• Ministry for African-American, Asian, Hispanic, and Polish-immigrant communities
• Certification and training of teachers and principals, especially those serving inner city schools
• Liturgical ministry
• Evangelization to teens/early young adults
• Vitality of the parish system through a renewed sense of mission and stable financials
The program offers on-going assistance to the individual until completion of their course of studies, provided the candidate maintains satisfactory academic achievement and meets other program requirements. Participants in this program agree to provide three years of service to an Archdiocesan parish, school, or agency following completion of his/her studies.
For complete eligibility, assistance, and application information, view our updated Critical Needs Scholarship flyer.