Join us for the 45th Annual Summer Scripture Conference
Let There Be Light: Science and the Word, An Eternal Relationship
June 20-25, 2021
We look forward to welcoming you to the beautiful University of Saint Mary of the Lake/Mundelein Seminary campus for this week-long series that offers compelling presentations, opportunities for prayer, and a retreat-like atmosphere to contemplate this year’s focus on the relationship between faith and science.
We want to insure all our guests that the Summer Scripture Seminar is following all the Covid-19 guidelines as set forth by the CDC. Our sleeping, meeting and dining rooms are thoroughly sanitized after each group use. If you have any questions as to our safety protocols, please contact our Guest Services at 847-566-8290 or email at email@example.com. We have unlimited online registration openings available.
Our Presenters are:
Fr. Robert Spitzer
- “Recent Developments in Cosmology & How They Relate to Creation, An Intelligent God, and Scripture (Gen 1)
- “Evolution, Scripture, and Theology”
- “The Scientific Investigation of the Shroud of Turin & Near-death experiences: How they relate to Christian mutations of Second Temple Judaism in the Resurrection Narratives & St. Paul.”
Dr. Stacy Trasancos
- “All Things by Measure, Number, and Weight.”
- “Genesis, St. John, and the Birth of Modern Science”
- “Completing the Scientific Revolution by Coming Back to the biblical Worldview of Creation”
Dr. Tina Wray
- “Digging the Scriptures”’
- “The 5 Most Significant Archaeology finds from the Bible”
- “Biblical Cities – Then and Now”
Dr. Craig Keener
- The Plausibility of Miracles
- New Testament – like Miracle Reports Today
- Reports of Raising and Nature Miracles
Fr. John Kartje
- “The Lab of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob: Perspectives on engaging Mystery from Patriarch, Prophets, and Physicists”
- “A New Heaven, a New Earth, and a New Quantum Gravity: Lessons from Paul and John for all Curious Explorers”
Bro. Guy Consolmagno, SJ
- Heaven & the Heavens: Astronomy, Scripture & the Popes
Special Bonus Presentations by:
Fr. John Lodge – C.S.Lewis’ Space Trilogy and the Scriptures
Dr. Steven Smith – “The ‘Why’ of Creation: Unlocking the Meaning of Genesis One”.
Dr. Joe Paprocki – Bringing Faith and Science Together in Faith Formation: Catechetical Challenges and Opportunities
Any lover of Sacred Scripture.
Speakers and audience come from anywhere across and even outside the United States. The approximate audience is a blend of ordained priests & deacons, religious brothers or sisters, lay ministers, educators, catechists and those seeking deeper knowledge of Scripture.
The Summer Scripture Conference is the premier continuing education program of the University of Saint Mary of the Lake by the Institute for Pastoral Leadership. Since the early 1970s, it has enjoyed a loyal commitment on the part of participants. Ninety percent of our students return each year.
The Summer Scripture Conference has become a community of women and men committed to ministry and learning in the Church.
The Conference was begun and inspired by Vatican II and continues on, anchored by the understanding of Scripture as the soul of theology.
The Summer Scripture Conference is a cooperative venture by the Institute for Pastoral Leadership and the Department of Biblical Exegesis and Proclamation of Mundelein Seminary at the University of St. Mary of the Lake.
The outstanding faculty of the program is drawn from the top biblical scholars and theologians in the United States.
Presented by the Institute for Pastoral Leadership
Linda Couri, Director
SummerScripture@usml.edu OR 847-837-4550
All rooms private with private bath (unless coming with chosen roommate)
Rooms are all air-conditioned
Wi-Fi is available all over campus
Rooms are furnished with bedding and towels, bar soap.
Rooms do NOT have alarm clocks, televisions or hair dryers
Please park in Purple Lot
Check in at South Residence Hall building 300
Campus map and directions are available at: www.usml.edu