Thank you for your interest in working for The University of Saint Mary of the Lake/Mundelein Seminary.
We are currently hiring for the following position(s):
We are accepting applications for the following position, Raiser’s Edge Expert/Operations Manager, at the University of St. Mary of the Lake. Please send completed cover letter and resume to the attention of Sandy Hessler in the Business office for via e-mail email@example.com. A complete job description can be provided upon request.
Raiser’s Edge Expert/Operations Manager
Position Type: Exempt,
FLSA Status: Benefits Eligible
The Raiser’s Edge Expert/Operations Manager is responsible for the integrity and management of the constituency database for the university and directly steers the donor services function for the Office of Institutional Advancement. This role is responsible for development reporting and system administration, will implement, refine, and improve processes and procedures, and will manage all hardware and software needs for these systems. This role will also manage and implement user training as it relates to system usage. This position directly supports the Advancement team by wholly understanding our Raiser’s Edge database, providing statistical information, forward-thinking analytics and problem-solving data-mining, which allows the Advancement team to cultivate and steward deeper relationships with current and prospective constituency of USML.
Essential Job Functions:
„ Creates and implements policies to ensure constituency information is well-maintained and consistently checked for accuracy.
„ Maintains constituency records and all aspects of the Raiser’s Edge donor database, keeping all records current, updated and coded properly.
„ Creates, standardizes and generates reports and constituency lists for the various fundraising channels for leadership, the Advancement team and outside supporting vendors (e.g., direct mail) of the university.
„ Tracks donor contributions, appeals, packages, revenue, and other relevant data for all fundraising channels.
„ Ability to understand the Raiser’s Edge financials and coordinate with the university’s batching process; including working with those on the team that enter the monetary and in-kind contributions into the database.
„ Analyzes data to identify patterns of giving and makes recommendations of potential major gift and planned giving prospects.
„ Performs research on donors and donor prospects and makes recommendations regarding cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship strategies.
„ Develops and maintains automated system for monthly, quarterly and annual giving. Identifies candidates for the sustainer, recurring gift program.
„ Understands online giving and event registration platforms (like Online Express, Eventbrite, etc.); makes recommendations based on data trends to increase online engagement and online solicitations.
„ Understand, maintain and work with those on the team that process donor acknowledgements for contributions for all fundraising channels through the Raiser’s Edge mail function.
„ Reconcile Raiser’s Edge database with batching team and the general ledgers with finance team.
„ Create and run queries and reports from the Raiser’s Edge to support Advancement VP with budgeting, revenue tracking and donor relations.
„ Work with the V.P. of Institutional Advancement to develop the fiscal year campaigns, funds, appeals, package codes and revenue goals within Raiser’s Edge
• Raiser’s Edge expert with minimum three years’ experience managing a Raiser’s Edge database required.
• Knowledge of Crystal Reports XI preferred.
• Advanced knowledge of and proficiency in Microsoft Excel and pivot reports required.
• Experience in a nonprofit development office is required
• College degree or equivalent experience is required.
• Discretion with, and experience in handling of, confidential materials required.
• Ability to prioritize and execute multiple projects under demanding deadlines required.
• Ability to work independently in a deadline-oriented team environment required.
• Ability to communicate tactfully and patiently with both internal and external constituents required.
• Dexterity to operate computer equipment required. Working knowledge of office procedures, typing ability and computer skills.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, including Word, Excel and Outlook
• Ability to perform duties with accuracy, and confidentiality.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues and constituents.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Excellent customer service skills, ability to work well with others in a team