This page will be updated as new information becomes available. (Last Updated March 24, 2020)
In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, the health and well-being of the University of Saint Mary of the Lake community is our top priority.
At this time there are no known cases of coronavirus on the campus however for the health of our resident faculty the campus is closed to the public.
Out of an abundance of caution and to contain the spread of the outbreak, USML/Mundelein Seminary is making the following changes to schedules, events and operations through the end of the semester.
- All seminarians have returned to their home dioceses.
- All in-person classes are suspended. All academic classes and formation/direction meetings have resumed online using Microsoft Teams for the remainder of the semester.
INSTITUTE FOR PASTORAL LEADERSHIP, LITURGICAL INSTITUTE, INSTITUTO DE LIDERAZGO PASTORAL, INSTITUTE FOR DIACONAL STUDIES
- All in-person classes have been suspended and have resumed online using Microsoft Teams for the remainder of the semester.
- The 2020 Celebration of Mundelein will be postponed until a future date to be determined.
- The alumni priests’ Jubilee Mass and Luncheon will be postponed until a future date to be determined.
- The 2020 Encuentro V will be postponed until a future date to be determined.
- Check this page for updates on other events as information becomes available.
Click here for information from the Illinois Department of Public Health on containing the spread of the coronavirus.
Click here for information from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Click here for information from the Archdiocese of Chicago.
Please hold in prayer all those who are being affected by this illness and do your part to contain the spread of the virus. This page will continue to be updated with new information and resources once they are available.