Scripture and Metaphysics: Aquinas and the Renewal of Trinitarian Theology
This book makes a major contribution to contemporary theological and philosophical debates, bridging scriptural and metaphysical approaches to the triune God.
- Bridges the gap between scriptural and metaphysical approaches to biblical narratives.
- Retrieves Aquinas’s understanding of theology as contemplative wisdom.
- Structured around Aquinas’s treatise on the triune God in his ‘Summa Theologiae’.
- Argues that intellectual contemplation is part of a broader spiritual journey towards a better understanding of God.
- Contributes to the current resurgence of Thomistic theology in both Protestant and Catholic circles.
Oxford: Blackwell, 2004.