Baccalaureate in Sacred Theology (S.T.B.)
S.T.B. Admission Requirements
- Completion of the Application. This includes a Required Immunization Information Form which is mandated by the State of Illinois, Acts 85-1315. (Current M.Div. students should already have this form on file). All this material can obtained from the Office of Registrar or the website.
- An accredited bavhelor's degree with:
- a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.2
- twelve semester hours of theological or religious studies (including introductions to the Old and New Testaments)
- thirty semester hours of philosophical studies oriented toward Catholic theology (including an introduction to philosophical questions and method, medieval philosophy, and modern or contemporary philosophy).
- Official transcripts of undergraduate and post-college academic work
- Two letters of recommendation from teachers in theology or philosophy
- A personal essayof approximately 1000 words explaining the applicant’s intellectual interests and reasons for pursuing the degree