God continues to bless us with faithful young men who answer the call to join the vocation of the priesthood. We turn to priests during the most significant times of our lives. As celebrants at Mass, weddings, baptisms, anointing of the sick, funerals, and countless other moments of grace, our priests are there to guide us. The seminary is “a seedbed” where young men who use their courage and their intelligence live a life of service in Jesus Christ.
When you make a gift to the University of Saint Mary of the Lake/Mundelein Seminary, you’re joining thousands of supporters who help provide the best environment for these young men to strengthen their knowledge and faith as they prepare to spend a lifetime in priestly ministry to serve the faithful here and around the country and the world. A little goes a long way. Last year, more than 20,000 people made a donation to further our Catholic mission, with most donations being less than $50.
Where does my gift go?
By making an annual gift, you support:
- Scholarships to nearly 200 seminarians so that they receive a top graduate theological education and training from a distinguished faculty without incurring any additional debt as they prepare for ordination to the priesthood of Jesus Christ.
- Room and board for each seminarian that includes their housing on campus and three meals per day in our refectory dining hall so that they can focus on prayer, reflection and study.
- Preservation of our serene campus that was built in 1921 by Cardinal Mundelein and is distinct because of its original American colonial architecture. The 800 acres of wooded forest next to an inland lake provides a peaceful setting for prayer and reflection while enjoying the beauty of God’s creation.
- Holy Land Study Pilgrimage for our seminarians in their 3rd year of theology. Spending the academic winter quarter in the Holy Land with faculty members, learning about Jesus while walking in his footsteps – a unique feature of Mundelein Seminary!
- The education and formation of young men who will become the next generation of parish priests in the Archdiocese of Chicago and 25 other dioceses throughout the world.
Your support, in any amount, supports our mission. Your annual gifts work in all these arenas, to provide the resources that are needed to meet the rising opportunities and emerging needs of our soon-to-be parish priests.
Thank you on behalf of the many seminarians and faculty members who benefit from your generosity. Your gifts to USML/Mundelein Seminary make an important difference each and every year.